Google Chrome for Mac/Windows
Normally updates happen in the background when you close and reopen your computer's browser. But if you haven't closed your browser in a while, you might see a pending update:
To update Google Chrome:
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More .
- Click Update Google Chrome.
- Important: If you don't see this button, you're on the latest version.
- Click Relaunch.
Google Chrome for Android
Chrome should automatically update based upon your Play Store settings. You can check if there's a new version available:
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Play Store app .
- At the top left, tap Menu My apps & games.
- Under "Updates," find Chrome .
- Next to Chrome, tap Update.
- On your Android device, open Chrome .
- At the top, tap More Update Chrome.
- Restart Chrome when prompted.
Google Chrome for iPhone/iPads
Chrome should automatically update based upon your Apple App Store settings. You can check if there's a new version available:
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the App Store.
- At the top right, tap Profile .
- Scroll down to "Available Updates," and search for Chrome .
- If Chrome is listed, tap Update to install.
- If asked, enter your Apple ID password. The updates will download and install.